Sunday, October 21, 2012

My Shaklee Transformation Diet

My wife Linda and I are distributors for Shaklee. Last August we attended the Shaklee Global Conference in Las Vegas. The theme for this years conference was "Transformation".

The meaning of "transformation" could be taken on may levels.  The topics this applied to included transforming your business, your mind set, your health and your body. Transforming my body is going to be the focus of this blog.

At the Global Conference Expo among other things there was a Shaklee Cinch exhibit were attendees could pledge the amount of weight they intended to lose (transform) using the Cinch Program. I use a lot of the Shaklee health and supplement products already, but had not used the Cinch diet products. I felt this was a good opportunity to try them. I pledged 20 pounds, wanting to get to a weight of 185.

I was in for a surprise when we got home from the conference. I weighed in a little heavier than I thought I weighed. I stepped on the scale at 212!  Twenty pounds only put me at 192, seven pounds short of my goal. so, on August 12th, my quest for my ideal weight began.

I started the Cinch weight loss program on Monday morning, August 13th. The Cinch plan consists of a shake and a 3-in-1 boost supplement to replace two meals during the day and a regular meal plus the 3-in-1 boost supplement. I do my shakes and boost for breakfast and lunch and have a dinner.

The shakes contain protein to keep you full. They also contain  leucine to help preserve muscle  and keep your metabolism up. The 3-in-1 boost, boosts metabolism, keeps blood sugar steady, and gives you the vitamins and minerals you need.

For exercise, I walk 2 to 3 miles a day during the week, except the days when I play softball. On weekends I try to walk 4 to 5 miles a day.

Since I started this blog in the middle of the plan, I'll give my weekly totals up to today, October 21st.

August 13th         212.0
August 20th         204.8     big loss at the beginning, don't expect it to be this easy
August 27th         203.2
September 3rd     201.0
September 10th   200.4
September 17th   198.0     thought I hit a wall but finally broke the 200 lb. barrier
September 24th   197.4     Lowest I've weighed in 12 years

At this point, my place of work decided to have a biggest loser's contest, starting on September 26th.
I decided to enter even though I'd already lost nearly 15 pounds. I usually weigh in the evening before my shower in my hanes. The night before weigh in at work I was at 197.8. At weigh in minus shoes I was at 202.8.

October 1st          195.2
October 8th         195.6     Tough week, grand daughters 1st birthday party
October 9th         196.6    started walking at lunch at work, treadmill after work
October 15th       195.4
October 16th       194.2
October 17th       194.8
October 18th       191.8    Don't know what happened here, didn,t do anything different
                                         reached 20 pound weight loss goal, on to 185 and beyond
October 19th       191.2
October 20th       189.0    Wow, don't know when I last saw these numbers
Today                  190.0     Daughters birthday party, Good food, Chocolate Cream pie (my favorite)                                              Don't expect tomorrows numbers to be good           


No comments:

Post a Comment